皇冠体育投注Silverstone’s Managing Director Stuart Pringle says the British Grand Prix venue is open to “anything and everything” if it can help with the staging of the 2020 Formula 1 season.
All Formula 1 events until late June have been either postponed or cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic, placing a question mark over whether the 2020 campaign will be able to take place.
France is the first scheduled event, though last week its government extended a ban on major gatherings, with Austria due to be the second round in early July.
皇冠体育投注Leading summer events in Britain – such as Wimbledon, Royal Ascot and the Glastonbury Festival – have already been cancelled, but the Formula 1 grand prix remains scheduled for July 19.
皇冠体育投注Formula 1 has previously indicated that it still believes a calendar composed of 15-18 races is still realistic for 2020.
皇冠体育投注“We have discussed all sorts of permutations including hosting two races over one weekend and two races over consecutive weekends,” Pringle is quoted by The Guardian.
“I have complete confidence in our ability to put on these events. We have a lot of experience, a lot of knowledge, we can turn that on definitely.
“F1 has been working very hard to try and work out what the solution for the world championship is.
“We have been in regular contact with them, and have been asked could we hold a race or two and could they be behind closed doors.
皇冠体育投注“The answer is absolutely, we are open to looking into anything and everything.”
皇冠体育投注Pringle nonetheless cautioned that Formula 1 and motorsport in general should only resume in line with any government advice.
“It’s important any discussion of a return to racing is appropriate,” he said.
皇冠体育投注“Otherwise we risk being a distraction to the main message which is stay at home and we don’t want to do that.”